This is a repeating eventapril 25, 2022 6:00 pm
The North Fork Valley Buy Local Resource Campaign invites you to join us for an interactive 2-part online workshop series on local innovations, water
April 18, 6- 8:15pm
Local Innovation—Water Resiliency
- Growing for Increased Drought—What farmers and backyard growers can do to improve their soil to make it more resilient to drought. –Brad Tonnessen, CSU Research Station
- Keeping water on the landscape—potential solutions—Shawn LaBounty
- Panel: Different Forms of Ag Resiliency—orchards, ranchers, vegetable farms from small to large acreage—TriRiver Extension, Katie Alexander, Jenny Beiermann, and Retta Bruegger
April 25th, 6- 8:15pm
Local Innovation: Restaurant Scene—Panel
- Local and Seasonal: Making a local and seasonable foods restaurant focused on health and wellness work– Justen and Joy Williams, The Simple Café.
- A Restaurant Journey: Long-time Paonia local jumps on changes in the town, and with a historic perspective opens a new comfort food pop-up restaurant during the pandemic—to great success. –Mat Pinkard, Crunch Waffle.
How Can We Be of Service
- Conservation Easements On the Rise—Keeping ag land viable—Colorado West Land Trust, Ilana Moir
- Municipal Water/Water infrastructure—how it works-what you need to know—Tom Wills, Publisher, Merchant Herald
- FarmacyRx—Educational and Nutritional assistance to families at-risk of diet-related diseases—Penelope Powell, Valley Food Partnership
- Local Nonprofits Weave Community Resiliency—hear from local organizations on how to get involved and contribute to a resilient community.
Register for entire 2-part Online Workshop or separate sections.
This workshop is a gift to the community and donations are welcomed to support our work.
Online Zoom Event – April 18th and 25th, 6-8:15pm
Citizens for a Healthy Community